Workplace Wellness – And, How to Establish a Win-Win Culture
The more a company focuses more on the health and employee wellbeing, the more productivity it could achieve. A happy employee who is contented both personally and professionally is all that what any organization would want. It is not a secret that a happy employee is a key contributor in witnessing the improved levels productivity.
Talking about the balanced life, a person’s good health condition is the major contributor in being happy. Unhealthy employees could not drive the productivity you aspire for. That is the major reason why the organizations concentrate more on the employee supportive programs when it comes to the matters of health.
If you are an organization that is aiming to derive the best productivity through personal wellbeing of the employee, here are few tips for you to increase the employee engagement in the wellness activities.
1. Make it More Beneficiary – Protecting health would be the biggest contribution an organization could make in the wellbeing of the employee. Make sure the policies or the camps you conduct, are resulting in the favor of your employees.
2. A Personalized Approach – Give a personal touch to the employee by arranging the health benefits he/she looking forward to get. A common approach for all employees is an old school tactic and may result in disappointment if not addressed.
3. Plan it at Convenience – Keep your timings of wellbeing activities or health camps at the convenience of your employees. As an organization with vast numbers, it may not always be possible for you to pull everyone every time but make sure you are getting the maximum numbers every time you organize a wellbeing program.
4. Motivation is the Key – Ensure your employees’ engagement is satisfying and motivation is the only way to achieve it. Keep your employees motivated and engaged. Take help of the professional motivational speakers if the need be.
5. Psychological Support – In today’s modern era, almost all jobs impose a significant amount of pressure in the forms of targets and deadlines and you just cannot avoid it in the face of peer competition. However, help your employees by conducting the wellness programs that are effective in reducing the mental pressure they are facing. Conduct performance improvement sessions on a regular basis, so that you could ease the work pressure by improving their performance levels.
6. A Company that Support – Establish a culture that supports and promotes each and every stakeholder and contributor to the company. Make sure none of your employees are not heard and treated unequally. Pay attention to the feedback at all levels and establish a win-win relationship by listening to the concerns, equally. A culture that includes constructive criticism, transparency in company policies and recognition of right talent without any influences would always put the organization in the winning streak.
For organizational success, the wellness of the employee in an organization is more than a necessity. However, few companies still failing to recognize the active participation of their employees in these wellbeing activities and few companies are not at all focusing on the wellness front.
For any organization, the machinery, the location and the business tactics almost will be the same. But, the difference between success and failure of a company would the employees of it. People of a company is the valuable asset and any improvement started from here will reflect in organizational succes. This is the reason why all the organizations want an employee who is experiencing a balanced life.
Follow these steps to ensure the wellbeing of your employee at work place. Because, a happy person is a productive employee.