Reasons Why Getting Dental Implants in India Can Help You Save Big
Oral health and dental care is a vital constituent of healthcare. Any malfunctioning of dental parts needs medical attention, advice and treatment for restoration of personal hygiene and well-being. In most nations, costs of dental treatment are exorbitantly high even for fairly simple dental procedures. Hence Dental Tourism is evolving as a preferred option for total Dental Care Solutions along with planned vacations.
Dental implants in India are one of the most sought treatments in Dental Tourism. These implants are essentially prosthetic titanium implants used to substitute gaps created by missing or damaged teeth. It is used for purpose of
- Replacing one or more teeth without affecting adjacent ones.
- Supporting a bridge and eliminating the need for using removable partial dentures.
- Providing support for a denture thereby making it more robust.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Stronger and more durable than other restorative solutions like bridges and dentures
- Gives permanent solution to tooth loss
- May be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures for maximum effectiveness
- Encourages prospects of procedural advancements for developing better “mini” implants
- Offers aesthetic looks
- Integrates to bone structure thereby preventing bone loss and gum recession
- Acts as tooth-saver of adjacent teeth (which need not be altered to support the implant)
- Facilitates normal eating and speaking routines with comfort
- Is reliable with high success rates (98%)
Dental Implant Procedures
- Root-Form Titanium Implant (Endosseous/Endosteal implant): Most common procedure wherein titanium tooth implants are placed directly in the bone. Implant insertion may be done in single or two-stage procedure.
- Single Stage Dental Implants: Here, the implant is placed surgically in the jaw bone such that the top of the implant is higher than the surface of the bone and is exposed. After healing, the dental implant abutment is connected and restoration process starts.
- Two Stage Dental Implants: This procedure commences with surgery where the dental implant is fixed into the jaw bone. Subsequently, after healing, a minor surgery is done to expose its top surface. A dental implant abutment is connected and the process of the dental implant restoration starts. This process needs additional healing time but is less painful.
- Ramus-Frame Implants: These implants are placed in the jaw at the back of the mouth and near the chin. They stabilize weak jaws and prevent fractures.
- Blade-Form Implant (Plate-Form implant): Most popular type of implant which is placed in the jaw so that the prong(s) stick out into the mouth for supporting crowns or bridges. These implants are versatile and highly customizable to fit any disparity in anatomy.
- Sub-periosteal Implant: These are placed over the jaw and used to secure dentures when the jaw bone has receded or jaw structure is limited.
- Transosseous Implant: It is meant for lower jaw only and is rarely used. It involves inserting two metal rods through the chin bone until they are exposed inside the mouth to which dentures are attached.
India’s Competitive advantage
- Cost-effectiveness ($750-$900 in India versus $3500 in the United States per implant)
- English speaking staff and dentists
- Experienced Dentists in India with affiliation to Indian Dental Association (IDA) and American Dental Association (ADA)
- World class technology and modern equipment
- International medical standards for patient management
- Stringent infection control mechanisms
- Customized treatment plans
- Computerized query handling and patient data management
- Travel assistance and effective patient - relationship management by medical tourism companies
India has always been one of the most lucrative tourist attractions and has now become the widely favoured dentistry hub.