Indian Hubs of Ayurveda
The age-old healing that comes from the Vedic scriptures is Ayurveda. It was practised as a tradition centuries ago. Now as it's known worldwide, it is a major business which has the potential to advance in healthcare. It is believed that the rishis received the gift of Ayurveda from the Hindu gods. This was passed down to sages and know the present generation. Ayurveda has an array of therapies which include oil massages to mud therapy.
The main objective of Ayurveda is maintaining a healthy body and the other is the treatment of diseases. There are various ayurvedic treatments in India which are specialized for the above two goals.
- Kerala is where it all started. This can be rightly called the home of Ayurveda. It attracts tourists from all over the world due to its flora and fauna. Popularly called as the God's Own Country is the center of Indian medical tourism. This state generates more revenue with just alone Ayurveda. Few of the famous centers such as Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakal and Somatheeram Ayurveda Village, Kovalam. Now it's been spread to various parts in India and abroad.
- Ananda In The Himalayas is a luxury destination spa resort located at the foothills of the Himalayas. Situated in the midst of Sal forest, this place offers an integration of Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta.
- Vedanta is the culmination of spiritual wisdom or the final step in the spiritual journey. Other treatments include weight loss, meditation and wellness program. This center is the state of Uttarakhand.
- Ever heard of Devaaya? Mercure Devaaya is a Goan resort which lies in the island of Divar surrounded by the Mandovi river. They have traditional treatments such as Panchakarma, Abhyanga and Shirodhara. Some treatments are focused on tackling stress, rheumatism, thyroid, diabetes and much more. There are also packages for women's health, post chemotherapy and geriatric care.
- Rishikesh is known as the yoga capital of the world. Yoga and Ayurveda go hand in hand. People come here to learn about these alternatives medicines and get qualified to teach for western countries. Some of the places include Hemadri Ayurveda Centre, Ayuskama Ayurveda Clinic and Maa Yoga Ashram.
- The Leela Palace, Udaipur is a hotspot for Ayurvedic retreat. The wellness package that comes with the cultural heritage of Rajasthan only exists these courtyards. The ESPA treatments are specialized to release your body and mind. Ayurvedic Abhyanga is a package which starts with a foot ritual. There is consultation done this to know about your Dosha or body type. Based on the Dosha, facial cleansing and an oil massage takes place. This creates a feeling of rejuvenation. This is completed with the Shirodhara treatment.
Medical treatments in India are being recognized than before since the spread of Ayurveda. The inner healing which is lacking is major treatments is received through this tradition. It's not only getting free from diseases but having a strong body and strong mind is the vision of Ayurveda.
The above gives a glimpse of Ayurvedic Centres in India. There would be plenty more present and would be upcoming as Ayurveda is being inspired as a rejuvenating business. End of the day having a healthy body is what matters.