Life is movement and joints and bones combined together ensure a functioning body that is seamless. The total body movement is a continuous coordination of muscles and bones. Whenever joint or bone stiffness and swelling occur, the body suffers a great deal of pain and whole body movement is reduced. The bone and joint pain make every daily activity a big deal.
People find it extremely difficult to perform even the small activities and the bone-related health issues could be acute or chronic and could be mild and severe based on the reason for the health issue.
Be it positive or negative, every food item we consume has an impact on our body. There are few foods that strengthen you bones and joints. There are also few foods that make bones vulnerable and worsen your health condition if you are suffering from bone-related health issues.
Here are 3 foods that you need to avoid if you are suffering from joint or bone-related health issues.
- Foods that Contain Uric Acids -
- Tomatoes are rich sources of uric acid and could be found in almost all of Indian dishes.
- For people with gout, consuming tomatoes can cause inflammation of joints as tomatoes contain uric acid which is the main reason for gout.
- Although tomatoes are known for their anti-inflammatory characteristics, in the presence of gout they trigger inflammation.
- If you are an individual with gout and observe an increase in pain after eating tomatoes, try to avoid them.
- However, further studies need to be conducted to conclude if the tomatoes are really acting as triggers for gout.
- Avoiding tomatoes might be helpful if you have observed the increased levels of pain after eating the tomatoes.
- Foods with Omega 6 fatty acids -
- We all know the importance of Omega 3 fatty acids in the body. However, Omega 6 fatty acids are quite opposite to the Omega 3 on health beneficiary front.
- Knowingly or unknowingly, you might be consuming way too much of these fatty acids which in turn trigger knee and joint pains.
- Soybean and sunflower oils are the rich sources of Omega 6 fatty acids and they need to be consumed moderately.
- Increased Omega 6 fatty acids may cause cardiovascular diseases, heart-related health issues and asthma etc.,
- Flaxseeds and oil, pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower oils, corn and cottonseed oils are the sources for Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Sugary Diet -
- Processed foods that contain excessive sugars and starches can trigger the joint pains by inducing cytokines that are messengers of inflammation.
- The connection between soft drinks, sugary soda and arthritis have already been established by medical researchers.
- Consuming these drinks lead to arthritis with a risk percentage of 63 percent compared to the people who don’t consume soft drinks.
- Also, the excessive sugar intake leads to obesity which is another cause of joint pains.
- Along with sugar, salt intake needs to regulated as the excessive slats in blood could not be processed by kidneys.
- This again leads to inflammation due to the high sodium levels in the blood.
In addition, foods such as refined grains and flour, few dairy products, packaged foods and red meat can trigger the joint pains.
Joint pains can occur to anybody, especially the people who are above 40 years old. There are various reasons due to which the bone health issues occur. Muscle strains, joint replacement surgery and joint replacement pain, broken or dislocated bones and age-related bone degeneration are the main reasons for this health issue. When you have bone and joint-related health issues, there are few food that need to be avoided.